Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quote of the Day

Over at C4SS, Gene de Nardo presents an interesting piece (which I largely disagree with) entitled "The Capital Conundrum." I'm sympathetic to many of the claims made by members of the libertarian-left regarding corporate welfare and protection. But when it comes to economics, their unbreakable latch with labor theory is just utterly enraging - they believe in it so thoroughly that they are willing to disregard the individualist/libertarian ethos they claim to hold so intimately.

For anyone willing to read through the commentary, my thoughts are largely in line with Stephan Kinsella and Less Antman.

But the quote of the day comes from this little gem of a comment provided by one "RanDomino":

I say, if a community takes something from someone, they probably had a good reason. If you don’t think it was fair, don’t have anything to do with them.

Crap like this is EXACTLY why I'm not a left-libertarian...

No comments:

Post a Comment